[fse-esf] program proposals
yannisalmpanis at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 22 16:55:56 CET 2005
THE PROPOSALS OF THE PROGRAM WORKING GROUP FOR THE
MAIN EVENTS OF THE 4TH EUROPEAN SOCIAL FORUM
The Greek Working Group on Program met on Monday 19th December 2005 and
arrived to the following proposals, which will be submitted to the Vienna
EPA. We have highlighted accordingly the points we have not reached a
consensus and the issues that are currently under discussion. Concerning the
discussion about the environment, we have taken down both the proposals that
were submitted. Our present proposal concerns neither the demonstration nor
the cultural events; it only concerns the main discussions that will be
organized by the Organizing Committee. In its following meetings the Program
Working Group will discuss the basis on which the list of the speakers will
be drawn up.
1. War, Iraq-Afganistan-Palestine occupation, anti-war and anti-occupation
movement (in this event it was proposed not to include Palestine).
2. Social and workers resistances to neo-liberalism: the movements against
social exclusion, precarious employment, privatizations and the
commercialization of the public goods.
3. Immigrants and refugees throughout Europe: The struggles for the defense
of the political asylum, legalization and social equality of the immigrants.
4. Europe after No to the European Constitution.
5. Seven years after Seattle: the movements development and prospects.
6. Globalization and Environment: resistances and alternatives or Climatic
Change: A mortal threat to life and civilization.
7. Open table that will deal with (if there is such a need) a very important
Proposals under discussion:
8. A discussion about the womens issue (this proposal is under discussion
since the womens and feminist organizations have not come up with a
9. Resistances in the invisible part of Europe (Eastern Europe Balkans)
It is under discussion, since no consensus was reached.
10. Education: it is also under discussion since there is no consensus.
11. Anti-terrorist crusade and impingement of the democratic liberties. It
is under discussion since no consensus was reached.
Recherchez sur votre PC comme sur le Web avec Windows Desktop Search !
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 11171 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.fse-esf.org/pipermail/fse-esf/attachments/20051222/711e6836/ESF_GreatEventsProposals_EN.rtf
More information about the FSE-ESF